Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Ok Mr. or Ms. Auburn Fan, How Do You Want to be Remembered?

You all know by now I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have a passion for everything Auburn. I love Auburn the village, I love the institution and I love all our teams! Even though we go through high times and low times. I love the special bond that share with my fellow alumni and fans that are a part of the Auburn family.



Now, what social media has introduced is a running record of what you say, how you feel and your perception of any given situation if you so choose to make it public for the world to see.

As I was reviewing this Sunday morning I noticed that I was blocked on Twitter by someone who is an Auburn forever person. Now a couple of things came to mind. First of course is that I hope I did not offend, or hurt someone in the "Family." It is never my intention to do that. Second was how can I use this event as a positive instead of a negative and it got me thinking.



It has been a very interesting week, let's recap it quick. Auburn Basketball lost to a D2 team, Coach Gus Malzahn announced we had lost Kam Pettway for the rest of the year, Auburn Volleyball beat Bama, Auburn Equestrian came up a smidgen short at Texas A&M, Jay Jacobs, an Auburn Man his entire life, decided to step down as AD and our Football team kept a dream alive by handling business at Texas A&M. That my friends and family in my opinion is one heck of a week!



So, what do we do with all this? Simple, stay positive. Now I am not going to regurgitate a bunch of fine content out there on the Power of Positive Thinking, and there is a lot, but all of them have one thing in common: To achieve success, you must be positive, you must see it happen in your mind first, you have had to believe, you had to commit, and you must execute. Also, positivity breeds positivity. I can tell you when I see two followers on my feed getting negative with each and lose sight of the debate it makes me sad. We are all Auburn Family and we all have a right to our opinions but one thing you should ask is am I being positive and being a builder of great things or am I creating friction and potentially blocking progress as others try and support our institution, our teams and our family reach goals that no one thought we ever could achieve or give us a chance to achieve.

People will remember who the builders are, and they will almost always forget the blockers. They will navigate around the blockers to be with the builders. I hope that I am always thought of as an Auburn builder and supporter and never want to be a blocker.



So how do you want to be remembered? Or potentially forgotten? One thing for sure is people can Google search and make their own judgements of what you said on social media and how you said it. I know I am not perfect but when it comes to Auburn, I believe in Auburn and love it.

Now let’s support our team because they have business in Jordan-Hare on November 11th, 2017 and that is to make someone’s 0 disappear. We believe in the power of positive.



War Eagle y’all!

No comments: