Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bo Bikes Bama



I participated in the "Bo Bikes Bama" bicycle ride yesterday in Auburn. It was a great way to spend my morning and Bo's ride raised a lot of money for the tornado victims in the State of Alabama. 

You do not have to be a cyclist to enjoy this event so come on out next year and ride your bike with Bo. Of course, cycling is a passion of mine and I have met some interesting people at the rides that I have attended over the years. 

I was hanging out at the Trek Bicycle tent and I just listened to Brian Bosworth talk about his life and bikes. I realized that he was just like me and enjoyed talking about the ride, his family and  all of the great people that he had met in Auburn this weekend. 

Some of the riders for Bo Jackson's event included Picabo Street, Gus Malzahn, Bruce Pearl, Ken Griffey, Lance Armstrong and Brian Bosworth. Please check out the photos on the "Bo Bikes Bama" Twitter page.

Later that day, I rode my bike downtown and students and their families were taking pre-graduation photos and having picnics on the lawn in front of Samford Hall. The atmosphere brought back a lot of memories of my days at Auburn before I had to go out into the real world.   

Always remember to just enjoy the ride.  

No comments: