Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Thank you, Softball Seniors.


So....Auburn softball seniors. Where do I start? You all have changed this for future generations. 



I know you girls are disappointed. I know that you wanted one more inning. Let me tell you something. You have CHANGED the game at Auburn. You have changed college softball in the state of Alabama. It's no secret that I spend half my weekends at tournaments. I played ball til the end of high school. There was not really college softball in the south when I went to college. You fought for all of us who did not get the chance to play at the level you did. You played for all of those who will come after you. You played for AUBURN. You were amazingly fun to watch. Really, it's more than that- you have been APPOINTMENT TV (unless we were at our own games). Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the hours of work, sweat, tears, and dedication. I wish I could do more or say more but this is the best I can do.
The least I can do is thank the seniors individually.

Tiffany Howard- My Ella- her number is also number 1. She has watched you every time Auburn was on tv when she wasn't playing herself. I cannot tell you how much your persistence and hard work have shown her. There is only so much that we can teach her and show her but what she has learned watching you has been amazing. Thank you for everything you have done for Auburn. You all have set a foundation in place for Auburn softball that is going to make a difference. It already has made a  difference. Also thanks for your dedication in the classroom as well as on the field.

Emily Carosone- You helped to make a change in Auburn that won't ever be able to be compared.  You helped to lead this team and this senior class to make a difference . I cannot say thank you enough for the hard work and dedication.  I know you will go on to great things. My nieces have LOVED watching you and the team.  When the national champ trophy does come home to Auburn, you will know that your hard work was a part of it. Thank you.

Jade Rhodes- My  niece, Emma has loved watching you play. You always had a smile in your game and that means a lot to me. Emma gets nervous and upset sometimes, so for her to see you play, it makes a huge difference for her.  Thank you for the hard work and dedication that you put in. This group of seniors has changed the face of college softball in this state. Thank you for all that you have done for Auburn. I know that we will hear great things from you.

Madison Dickey- All of you have worked so hard. This group of seniors has been incredible. You ALL have changed the face of softball at Auburn and in the state of Alabama. As a matter of fact, it has been changed in the SEC. I wouldn't have traded any of you on this team for any other player in the country. Thank you for all of you hard work and dedication to Auburn. I know we will hear great things from you in the future. Thank you.

Maria Mitchell- I didn't get to see you play all that much, but we missed many of the tv games at our own tournaments. I tell you this. I wouldn't trade any member of this team for any other player in the nation. You seniors, yall have changed things for this school. Auburn softball will NEVER be the same. The state of Alabama softball will never be the same. Thank you for all of the hard work that you all have put in. I cannot tell you how much we have loved watching this year. Your time and dedication was noticed and won't be forgotten. Thank you. I know we will hear great things from you.

Kelsey Bogaards- It sucks to end your senior year with an injury. You didn't quit though. You could've pouted and disappeared, but you didn't do that. My nieces who play softball were watching. They saw that you kept showing up after you were hurt. That gave them the idea that you don't have to quit when it gets hard. Thank you. Thanks for what you have done for Auburn. This group has changed Auburn softball forever. Your hard work won't ever be forgotten.

Rachael Walters- You are another favorite player of my nieces. They are twins and they have loved watching you play. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Your play at Auburn has made a difference for many years down the road. Auburn softball has been changed forever. There is a whole generation of young girls who have been watching the last two college world series. They think they can make it to play there, and they know they can do it at Auburn. Thank you for all of your dedication. I know that you will do great things. Thank you.

Marcy Harper- Wow, what a year for you. Congratulations on everything that you have done! Please know that we have LOVED watching Auburn softball. This senior class has made a difference that won't ever be forgotten. A foundation has been laid that will be there because this class put it there. Thank you. When the national champ trophy DOES come to Auburn (and it will) you will know that you had a hand in it. Thank you.

Lexi Davis- Wow, we are going to miss you. Thank you for everything that you did for Auburn the last few years. This senior class is really special. You all set a foundation for future generations that won't ever be removed. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. You have always been fun to interact with on twitter. My nieces have enjoyed  watching you and this team. Auburn softball won't EVER be the same, and it is because of this senior class. Your hard work has been noticed and it is appreciated. 

Thank you and War Eagle!


No comments: