Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Just Another Manic Monday

OK, I am going to admit it. I am super jealous (the horror!) of everyone getting to go to the game. On the other hand, I am super happy for everyone who is getting to go. I am so glad to hear reports of so many Auburn fans out in Pasadena.

I have not posted recently much. I let Klell know I was taking two classes to renew my teacher certification and it was taking a good bit of my time. I don't have anything really compelling to say, but I love this team! I love these seniors!

It is going to be so hard to concentrate through work tomorrow. For one thing, I am excited about the game. The other reason is preparing for the downright cold weather we have coming this way. Also, its the first day back for students, so it will be a busy, busy day. It's mostly about the game though! I am excited.

It's really hard for me to put into words how excited I am for these players. I teach at a school where a football player died several years ago in some unusual circumstances. This kid was a heavy, high level recruit. His death damaged the community in a way that is hard to explain. Let me just say that the community, especially the students and the football players are just now recovering. This was a few years ago. Since he died, I think there have been less than 10 wins. Football coaches retired, another one came in and then walked out on them- so 'mental scars' don't heal immediately. I don't offer that as an excuse or anything.

I am thankful for Gus and his staff. He saw a need and took care of those things first. For our students, I don't think anyone has been able to do that yet. I am thankful for a man of God who knows that winning a game is not the most important thing in life- but it is a lot of fun to win those games.  I love these players and these coaches. I think so much of them. It's easy to choose a school when that team is winning. It's easy to stay on the team when the outcome is terrific. It's a lot different when the wins don't come. I am grateful for every player on the roster.

These seniors have really stepped up and been leaders. Steven- with his quiet leadership and acknowledgement of his walk with God; Dee with his unusual but outstanding personality; Nosa with his demonstration of hard work and making good choices; Jay- showing how to stick to your commitments and grow even when personal tragedy hits...these are just a few. I know there are more seniors who have demonstrated so many other amazing You have paved the way for others and shown how to fight out of a situation.  God bless all of you. War Eagle! Now, go finish this and get a Natty!

Christy

No comments: