Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

All Over the Map

Auburn in the Rose Bowl. photo by Klell Lawrence
This post may wander around the parking lot a little more than you may be accustomed to from yours truly. I spent several days trying to recoup from the nearly three week long journey into the promised land of the Grandaddy of them all. Pasadena was a truly beautiful place to visit.  

 Our group of Auburn fans went on a tour of the Los Angeles area. We went to Santa Monica and Beverly Hills complete with a trip down Rodeo Drive. I was happy that we did not stop to shop on Rodeo Drive. Our tour guide, Tony, was extremely knowledgeable, and entertaining. We ended up with some extra time in the afternoon, and they quickly came up with an additional place for us to visit, Dodgers Stadium. Now that excited me! 
panorama shot of Dodger Stadium
 
I have already posted my thoughts on Auburn's close loss to FSU in the title game, so I won't bore you with that again. I will however brag on my Auburn family. Tiger Walk was tremendous, and I have never been more proud than when our guys got off that bus to the throng of fans cheering them on. Echos of "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" could be heard for miles, I'm sure of it. That those same wonderful fans cheered the team the same way after the game sends chills.

This sign stands on the pier ay Santa Monica

It's the end of the trail for the 2013 football season, and the recruiting is going very well. We will be here with your National Signing Day info as it's released to the public. Look for Auburn's coaches to make a big push, and sign a Top 10 class once again.  

Auburn's two basketball teams are looking to make their way into post season play this year, and the Gymnastic team is on the verge of a truly remarkable season. They take on the #1ranked Florida Gators on the 17th of February. I will go on record stating that this is the year we break the Alabama streak! 

War Eagle!

No comments: