Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Could This Be the Best Game Ending Play in Auburn Football History?

It is easy to tell that this is a Photoshopped version of the actual play.


I am sure that we are still on "Cloud 9" after the historic victory over Alabama.  I thought I had seen the best play in the UGA game the week before until last Saturday night.  I was walking at Chastain Park in the ATL this afternoon and several people came up to me and talked to me about the game. Of course, I was wearing my old school "A" Auburn baseball cap.

I have watched the TD run by Chris Davis; however, I would like go back to the timeout that was called by Gus Malzahn.  During the timeout, Gus Malzahn did make an important change on the field. He directed Chris Davis to the end zone to return the field goal if it fell short. Chris Davis did field the ball about a yard from the end line and started his journey into Auburn Football history.
 He got at least a 20 yard jump on the Alabama special team players and some were just standing around to see if the field goal was good. Also, I did notice two great blocks by Kris Frost and Ryan Smith which assisted Chris Davis on the run.  Auburn had a lot at stake in this game and they did beat the number 1 team which earned them the right to play Missouri for the SEC crown so, I will rank this play as number 1 on my list.

It is great to be an Auburn Tiger and I will be ready for the game on Saturday in the ATL.

No comments: