Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Post

giving thanks for all things AUBURN

 It's that time of year again where we stop, and with a truly heartfelt appreciation, give thanks. We were taught in elementary school that the Pilgrims gave thanks to God for the "new" found land. They shared this feeling with the local native American tribes.

 In honor of that notion I would like to give thanks to those who have helped me along the way. Writing for Auburn is a passion of mine. I don't make any money doing this. My devotion is from a love and appreciation of all things that Auburn stands for.

 Years ago, when I first started using the internet for its designed intention(reading about Auburn football) I came across this site called Joe Cribb's Car Wash. Its owner was a fellow by the name of Jerry Hinnen, who now writes for cbssports.com. That blog was a delight to read, and Jerry would interact with those who commented. Imagine my thrill back then that I could discuss Auburn football with people all over the world, that I would never have a chance to meet. I was hooked, so thank you Jerry Hinnen for piquing my interest in Auburn sports blogs.

 I eventually found other AU sites, and commented on some of those, and then started writing some of my Auburn football posts on Bleacher Report, as KoolBell. Thanks to the creators of BR for allowing me to start something that I would eventually love doing.

 Then one day while checking my email for comments and messages from readers of BR, I came across an invitation to write for Phil Steele on his website. That was a huge step for me. I jumped at the chance, and learned even more about this wonderful world of blogging. Thanks especially to Brandon, who works for Phil, for supporting me, and my efforts to become their #1 blogger.

 While I was writing for Phil Steele, I received an invitation from Jay Coulter to write for Track Em Tigers. I felt honored and humbled at the same time. Thanks to Jay, Paul, John, and Greg for treating me as one of the team right from the start. I learned a lot, and along the way some great friendships were formed. 

 I am thankful for The War Eagle Reader and all of the interesting posts they do concerning many aspects of life at AU. 

 I am also thankful for the work of all the Auburn athletics beat writers, who provide us with much of our video, and news pieces that you see here. They do the heavy lifting for guys like me, and their efforts are deeply appreciated. 

 As with everything, I felt the need to be on my own, and I started this blog that you are now reading. 

 I am thankful to the All Mighty for letting me do something that I truly enjoy, and for the blessings that he has bestowed upon me. I am truly thankful for the readers of any of my posts, from any one of the sites where I have posted. Whether it has been to correct my grammar, my mistakes of the facts, or simply to chime in and be a part of the conversation. That is why I do this. I enjoy the opinions of others, and the dialog that goes with that.

 So, thanks to all of you. God bless, and as always...

WAR EAGLE!






No comments: