Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thoughts on AU vs Texas A&M

Auburn entering the field vs Texas A&M

As I sit here at my desk at 8:00am Sunday, I am at a loss for the words to describe what I witnessed the night before.

 First, let me start with the good stuff. As always Jordan-Hare was beautiful. The grand lady never disappoints as a venue for college football. The house was packed nearly to capacity. The Auburn faithful showing their support for the players.

 The Texas A&M fans were very nice. Many were there in support of loved ones on the Aggie team. I overheard remarks like this one from an Aggie fan "Man, that eagle was the coolest thing I have ever seen at a football game".

 The crowd response to Military Appreciation Day at JHS was one to make you proud. At one time during the pregame festivities all veterans and current military were asked to stand. The roar from the crowd was spectacular, and revealed a very appreciative feeling for those who have served and sacrificed for our freedoms.

 The flyover by four F-16 fighter jets was something to behold. The events of the night made me proud to be an American, and an Auburn fan.

 Then the game began.

 There is no way to sugarcoat what I saw. I won't point fingers, and I won't call for changes on or off the field. I will say that I have never, in all my life, seen an Auburn football team play worse than what I saw last night. Never.

 I have to skip the actual analysis of the game, because I just don't have anything positive to say at all about the display on the field of play.

 I only hope that things will get better at Auburn. I feel very confident that this will happen. I have no idea when they happen. I am heartbroken for the Seniors on this football team. Going from the pinnacle to the basement this fast has to be painful. I know as a fan, it hasn't been fun.

WAR EAGLE!

No comments: