Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Part II Seniors 2013

Cody Parkey & Ryan White 2 of Auburn's Senior class

If you missed the first part of my series, I am writing individual thank yous to the seniors. It's something I like to do. This year, it got a bit lengthy, so we decided to break it up into three posts. This is the last of the seniors, but there are a few other people to thank in Part Three.

Seriously, this year was so amazing. I know it didn't end where the players, coaches or fans had hoped, but if you had told me that we would be playing in the national championship game, I would have NOT placed any money on it. I know I've written before about praying for the players and feeling unanswered last year, I know now what I didn't know then. God has had his hand on every one of these players and the coaches. Thank you to all of you for an amazingly fun season. I know we will see amazing things from all of you in the future. 



Craig Sanders You were another one that I noticed right away. I think it was your twitter name the time.  Thank you for always being a good witness for Christ. It is amazing to have Christian leaders on the team. I am so glad you played at Auburn. One of my favorite pictures is of you and Corey L. with Salt and Peppa shaved into your head. I like a player who doesn't take himself too seriously. Besides all of that, you were an amazing player. I loved to see #13 make a big play. I know you will do great things. Thank you for all you did for Auburn. We love you forever!

Tunde Fariyike I know you have another year of eligibility, but sometimes, you have your eye on bigger things. I am so proud to hear you are going on to medical school! That is amazing! You were always ready to do whatever you could to help Auburn. When the team needed you to start at Center, you jumped in and did the job. If they needed you on special teams, you did your job.  If they needed you to work on the O-line, you were there. You also stood up for yourself and your team when someone said very negative things. I appreciate all you did for Auburn. I know the phrase, 'an Auburn man' seems cliché sometimes, but it never is. I know we will see great things from you. Thank you.

Jake Lembke We may not have seen you play all that much, but I know someone who earns a scholarship after being a walk-on has to be a determined hard worker.  The fact that you earned SEC Honor Roll says a lot about your work ethic. Thank you so much for your dedication to Auburn. You and your teammates laid the groundwork for future champions. We appreciate what you have done for this team in the past and what will carry to the future.  I know we are going to see great things from you! Come back to see us often!

Dee Ford You are a really special player. It was amazing to see you sack so many quarterbacks this year! Beyond what you have done on the field as a football player, your leadership developed the younger players for the future.  Your unique style was always appreciated. It would have been easy for you to go on auto pilot this year, but you did not do that.  You took a much harder road, and you did it with the highest of standards! Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. From leading the team to wins to posting videos of piano, you did amazing things this year. I know we will see great things from you in the future. I cannot wait to meet you at the Senior Bowl. Good luck to you for the week of the Senior Bowl!  Thank you for your time and commitment to Auburn. You have exemplified the Auburn Creed and as fans, I can't tell you how much fun you made this season. Thank you!

Jay Prosch There are not really great words to thank you enough. You were dealing with your own personal tragedy and still giving it everything you had to the football team. After last year, it would have been easy for you to choose not to give it your all, but you chose to do hard work and it paid off.  I am so glad that this year went well for you. You represented Auburn with class, dignity, and hard work every time you put on the uniform. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. I can't wait to meet you at the Senior Bowl. I know you will have a great week there since it will be a homecoming for you! I know we will see great things from you in the future! Thank you so much for giving us such a fun and amazing season.

Cody Parkey Besides yelling at the TV each week to correct the announcer (ParkEEEE, not Park-ER!), you somehow made the kickoff fun.  Your ability to kick the ball wayy past the end zone each time sure was fun to watch. You did so much for Auburn. I still think you had that onside kick against LSU. Your leadership on  the team was treasured.  Thank you so much for everything you did for Auburn.  You always represented Auburn with class and dignity. I can't wait to meet you at the Senior Bowl next week. I know you will do great while you are in Mobile.  Thank you for your time and for leading this team. We are really going to miss each one of you.

 War Eagle! Check back soon for Part III.

Christy

No comments: