Friday, September 4, 2015
It's Game Time
Another football season is upon us and the Jeremy Johnson era will begin in Atlanta, Georgia this Saturday afternoon. This season will be fun to watch and expectations are high. Also, I look forward to watching the Will Muschamp defense perform. Here is a photo from the Auburn/Georgia game in 2013 just in case you need reminder of what the old scoreboard looked like.
I might add that I was at the only game between these two teams in 1974 at Legion Field. Auburn won that game 16-3.
The Auburn/Louisville game does have several interesting connections.
1) Bobby Petrino was the offensive coordinator for Auburn in 2002 under the Tommy Tuberville regime.
2) Todd Grantham is now the defensive coordinator for Louisville. Of course, Grantham was once
the defensive coordinator for Georgia.
3) Josh Harvey-Clemons is now a safety for Louisville. We may all remember that he was the Georgia safety who deflected the pass by Nick Marshall on the "Miracle in Jordan-Hare" pass play. As we know, if that pass had not been deflected, the ball would not have been completed.
4) Tray Matthews is now a safety for Auburn and he was the other Georgia safety involved in the "Miracle in Jordan-Hare" pass play. I am sure that he and Josh will be saying hello to one another on the Georgia Dome field on Saturday afternoon.
5) Michael Dyer finished his college career at Louisville.
Enjoy the season and War Eagle!