Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Power of Prayer




 
 Picture courtesy of @tatershell




This is another call for anyone interested in joining #prayers4players OR someone who is already a member who would like to add b-ball players to your list...
Some of you have already messaged me yes or no- and that is fine...whatever you feel comfortable with is what you should do. I have arranged the basketball players, both men and women, with people who have contacted me, but I can easily reassign some basketball players. I would like to add more of the assistant coaches in basketball to the list, but some of our lists are getting quite long.

If you have never joined before- this is all there is to it:
I will email a list of people and the players/coaches you are responsible for praying for. Each week, we pray for our players. Some people pray for each player daily. I personally, take a couple of players each day and try to pray for those few that day. It works differently for each pray-er. If we know any specific prayer needs, we try to share it in an email so more of us can pray for a player/coach who might be having a problem. Some of us let the players know via twitter that we are praying for them. Almost all of them favorite or RT the tweet when I send them a message. Some of the group recently have been sending letters via snail mail to the athletics dept to let them know we are praying for them.

As always, this is not about the wins on the field or the court. Of course, we LOVE it when that happens, but we want to see the victory in their lives.  I want the players to feel supported and loved, even if they don't get the W.

We also have started emailing each other when we have things we need prayer for ourselves. It makes me feel better to know I can have people instantly praying. Recently, a friend of mine underwent a lung transplant. As soon as I found out, I emailed the group and people were praying immediately. My friend had a successful transplant and is doing well.

If you are interested in joining OR you are already a member and want to add B-Ball to the list, please let me know. You can send me a twitter message @twitter or you can email me at christyg1119@gmail.com


Of course, we primarily pray for Auburn players, but when players for other teams have things we know about, we try to give them attention and prayer as well!

Thanks everyone!

James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

No comments: