Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Thanks to Auburn Football Seniors

A special Thank You to all our seniors
** All of these photos are from my personal collection. 

 For this group of Auburn seniors, thank you. I try to write a personal note of thanks to the seniors each year. This year, I included some of the players who declared for the draft. I hope I did not leave anyone out.

In no particular order, here goes:

Johnathan Jones: Thanks for your dedication and hard work during your years at Auburn. I cannot remember how we connected on twitter, but I know it was right away. I have had the honor of being your prayer person for the last three years. Thank you for always busting your tail on the field, no matter what else was going on anywhere else. I've watched you grow into a real Auburn man. It was an honor to get to meet you at the Senior Bowl. Here you are a new dad with your whole life in front of you. I know you are going to do great things. Thank you for all you did at Auburn. We are going to miss you!



Ricardo Louis: I know most people will always remember you for a miracle catch and a miracle season. I will too, but there is more to you than just that catch. You always had a positive attitude. That means a lot to me. Whether it was on the field or social media, you reacted with grace every single time. You had a quick smile or a positive word every time. I know that you are going to be just fine in your life. I am looking forward to seeing great things from you. Thank you so much for everything you did for Auburn. That 2013 season was something really special to see!



Devonte Lambert:  There are different ways people contribute to a team. It takes everyone to make a team work. Thank you so much for everything you did for Auburn. I know there are many great things ahead of you in life. Keep your head up and go for it every time. I hope that Auburn stays in your heart forever. That is what joins us all. Good luck with everything and thanks for all you did for Auburn.

Cassanova McKinzy: I have never followed recruiting super closely, but I will never forget your time. The Chik-fila thing was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen.  I was there at the game when you got hurt and had to be carted off the field.  My little nieces were watching so closely. They were so happy when we found out you were okay. You guys put your heart and soul and health on the line every day. Thank you for being such a great team member and influence.  Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. I hope to hear great things from you.

Devonte Danzey:  Thank you for all of your dedication and hard work at Auburn. I was not on a sports team in college, but I was in the band. I know how much time that took, but I know football takes a lot more time. Thank you. We appreciate all the players and their dedication. I know there will be great things in your future. I know Auburn stays in my heart all the time, and I hope it will for you, too. Thank you. I cannot wait to hear about great things from you in the future.

Jonathan Wallace: What can I say?  You have the heart of a lion. I have seen you go out and put everything out on the line when there was nothing you could gain personally.  You were such a great representative of Auburn football, and you always will be. When I think about you, I think of bravery and hard work.  You are a giant among men, Jonathan. I know this for sure: We WILL hear about the great things you are doing.  I would like to thank you for everything you did for Auburn. I hope the joy of Auburn stays in your heart forever.  Thank you for everything. War Eagle forever!


Xavier Dampeer:  There are many things in life that are out of our control. I know this season did not turn out the way you wanted it to, but you continued to be a great representative of Auburn. The important thing is that you did not let it get you down.  A few years down the road, I know we are going to be hearing about fabulous things from you. Keep your head up.  Thank you for your time and dedication to Auburn. It means the world to us fans when we know the players are dedicated. Thank you.

Tucker Tuberville: I was so glad to be at the game when you got to play this year! It has been a pleasure to see you over the last few years. Thank you for your dedication and hard work. I believe you are going to be a fantastic coach. Keep your head up and keep up the great work. Thank you for your time and dedication to Auburn. It was truly fun to see you play or to see you on the sidelines with your headset calling plays.  You are going to be fantastic. Good luck with everything! War Eagle!

Kris Frost:  You have been such a leader on the field.  Whether it was funny Muschamp impressions or just keeping your teammates heads up, you were a force on the field and off. Your leadership on and off the field was a wonderful thing to witness as a fan. Thank you for your time and dedication to Auburn.  I know we are going to hear great things from you. Carry Auburn in your heart and it will always been a joy to see and hear from your Auburn family.  Good luck. War Eagle!
   
Daniel Pond:  Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. Your time and dedication were not unnoticed. I kept watching out for you because you are from right down the road. I know there will be great things we hear about you in the future, and  I love to hear about great things our former football players are doing. Visit Auburn often~  War Eagle all day long.

Duncan McKinney: I am so thankful you were part of the Auburn football program! You may not think your dedication and hard work were noticed, but believe me when I tell you that they were noticed. Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. I know there will be great things we hear about in the future. I cannot wait to see what is in store for you. War Eagle!

Avery Young: Every step of the way, you showed grace and poise. Whether it was someone asking you to pose in your Iron Bowl pose for the thousandth time or posting pictures of your fishing wins, you showed class every step of the way. We were blessed to have you a part of the Auburn football program. I will never forget that look on your face, even if you get tired of seeing it! I definitely will not forget you! I know we are going to hear great things from you. Keep Auburn in your heart! War Eagle!


Peyton Barber: You are a joy to watch play football. Thank you for your dedication to Auburn football. Your hard work is probably more than anyone ever knew, and we thank you for it. Keep working hard. I know  we are going to see and hear great things from you in the future. It is wonderful for me to see you all succeeding and doing well. We are so very proud of you. Keep working. War Eagle!






Shon Coleman: I saved you for last for a reason. I am so very proud of you. It was incredible to be in the stadium that first game when you were announced in the starting lineup. It was really something special to witness. We prayed for you, and it was amazing to see God work miracles in your life. It would have been easy for you to just take the scholarship and not try to play ball, but you didn't do that. I know there were days you felt like crap and days you were in a lot of pain. Thank you for everything. I know you will do great things. God has a plan for you!  War Eagle, Shon.



WAR EAGLE! 

No comments: