Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Senior Basketball Thank You- A Season Like None Other



Because Auburn Men & Women Believe in These Things

I needed a few days before I could write my senior thank you. One reason I have delayed writing it is because I do not want to say goodbye to these guys. This was an amazing season. The post-season was indescribable. I had so much fun watching basketball this season. Years ago, I fell in love with watching the NCAA tournament after I was able to attend the first two rounds with the pep band at USM. The tournament is always fun for me but this season will always be extra special. Even one day when I know Auburn will go on to win the championship, I will remember this team. This team built the foundation for future generations. As a whole team- thank you. What y'all did was so incredible. The theory that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts was in full effect. Even though I tried to delay it, the time has come to say my thank yous.


Photo used with permission from @AURobUSA


Bryce Brown- There are not really any words for the way you have changed Auburn basketball. It has always been fun to watch you play. Over the years, we have seen you become more accurate with your shots, learn to shake off mistakes and become a leader on the team. It has been an honor to root for you, Bryce. We have always heard about the hard work you put in long after practice. Thank you for everything you have done for Auburn. You have completely changed the culture at Auburn. I know you are going to do great things but we surely wish you did not have to go. Good luck with all of your future endeavors. I know you are going to do great things. You will always have a home at Auburn. Please stay in touch with your Auburn family and come visit when you can. War Eagle!


Photo used with permission from @AURobUSA


Jared Harper- Wow, what a season! We wish you did not have to go but we completely understand. It is time for you to go get yours now. I will never forget this season.There are way too many instances to mention, but we have loved and appreciated every second of your play at Auburn. I have so much respect for you. It has been a joy and pleasure to root for you. One day in the not too distant future, Auburn is going to win a championship. Your quiet leadership will not soon be forgotten.  One thing we always knew watching you was that you could make it change in a second. I will never forget "We've Got Jared." Thanks for being such a good sport about everything. I know we are going to see great things from you. Come visit when you can. You will always be home at Auburn. Thank you for everything.



Photo used with permission from @AURobUSA

Horace Spencer- When I think of Auburn man, you come to mind. You displayed being a warrior for Auburn and a loving dad at the same time. I think my favorite moment of you this season was when you got your head split open. I know it is probably not something you wanted to remember but when you got up and stared them down with blood running down your head- WOW! This season was so  incredible. Thank you for all of your hard work, time, and dedication. I know that the whole season, especially the post season was time away from your family. This whole season was a dream. Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. Know that you will always have a home at Auburn. I know we are going to hear great things from you in the future. Thank you. War Eagle!



Photo used with permission from@AURobUSA


Malik Dubar- We could always count on you for a laugh and a smile. There is something special about a player that can always build up his team. I wish you could stay around a little longer. This season was so magical. Not only the season but the team chemistry was also magical. I remember when you got smacked in the mouth and insisted you keep playing. What a warrior! We are going to miss your tenacity and basketball skills, but I think more than anything we are going to miss your personality. Thank you for your time and dedication to Auburn. Your hard work will always be remembered. I know we will hear about great things from you in the future. Please come visit when you can and stay in touch with your Auburn family. Thank you for everything! War Eagle!


Photo used with permission from @AURobUSA
Cole Blackstock- You are truly a champion. The heart of a lion and the fight of a tiger makes a terrific basketball player. I think we were all excited when you got your scholarship. You've proven over the last few years that a walk-on can make a difference. Of course, this year you were able to transition to scholarship player. Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. I hope you had as much fun playing as we did watching over the last few years. One day, Auburn is going to win a national championship and when we do, we are going to be able to point back to you and this team. Thank you for everything. Thank you for your hard work, your time and your dedication. Please stay in touch and come and visit often. We are really going to miss you. Thank you for everything! War Eagle!

Used with permission from @AURobUSA




Chuma Okeke- I do not even know where to begin. You really gave us a ton of joy this season. We were all devastated at your injury. Your sweet smile really stood out this season. While you are not as jokey and smiley as Malik, your smile is sweet and honest. Seriously, thanks for your hard work and dedication. The entrance you made into the arena at halftime vs Kentucky was super special. I know you did not feel like it but you came anyway for your team. I loved the videos of you advancing the team in the bracket. We can never express the appreciation for all you did for us this season. I hope everything goes perfectly for you. Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. Come and visit often. I know we are going to hear great things from you in the future. War Eagle!



Photo from my personal collection @tatershell
We Believe in Auburn and Love It!

No comments: