Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Ramblings From Afar


At the time of this writing, I am sitting in San Antonio, Texas. It is 6:30 in the morning, and my coffee is perfect company. 

I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you, and in doing so, take a brief escape from the coming day of hard physical labor that awaits. 

Tiger Woods:
While I understand the mix of emotions for Mr. Woods from some, because of his personal ( read private ) life drama, I can't help but be elated about his success at the Masters Tournament. From sports greatness, to wondering if he will ever be able to walk comfortably again, then a return to sports greatness after a surgical procedure, is the stuff that sports dreams, and movies, are made of. 

Speaking of golf, the Auburn Women's golf team has been on an upward swing. See what I did there? Anyway, after finishing second at the Clemson Invitational, the ladies have started the SEC Championships on a tear. If you are in the Birmingham area, and would love to see our Ladies in action, they are playing at Greystone on the Legacy course.

Auburn Football:
I have zero clue who the QB will be that starts against Oregon on August 31st, in Arlington, Texas. What I do know, is I saw real improvement in the throwing motion of Malik Willis, and Joey Gatewood. Not that I know enough to coach the position, more of an accuracy, and quickness of the release when throwing the ball. Both of these gentlemen seemed much better.

Bo Nix showed he can become a real dynamic force when he has the ball. It's no wonder he was highly sought after.

Our RB's look good behind a much improved offensive line. Hopefully the RB's can pass protect better this season.

The Tigers defense may not start out as strong as last season's unit, but by mid season they will be very good. Barring a lot of injuries, this defense can become great. 

That's all for now. 

War Eagle!


No comments: