Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Rhett Lashlee's Swagger



In this interview with the Auburn beat writers, Coach Lashlee seems like he is much more confident in the ability of the offense and its personnel.  I heard everything he said, like most of you are, I am pleased there will be a more resolved effort to control the ball. Meaning there will be fewer turnovers.

Several times last season, and indeed in the BCS Championship, Auburn had critical turnovers, that had a negative impact on the game for the Tigers.

That is not all I am seeing and hearing in this interview. I sense an air of confidence, a swagger if you will, that this team has the ability to achieve something extraordinary on the field next season.

 The passing game is going to be better. They have worked on the finer points of the QB position with Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson. Things like footwork, ball placement, and timing are crucial for any QB to reach his highest potential. I believe that we are about to see some of the very best QB play  we may have ever seen on the Plains.

That would be worth seeing, and I for one am anxious to see the results.

WAR EAGLE!

No comments: