Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Gee But It's Great To Be Back Home

Sunset at JHS
photo by Randy Comer

Good morning everyone and War Eagle!

Our Football Tigers are 2-0 to start the season. While that's not news, it's a very positive start. Are they playing great football right now? No. Are they winning? Yes.

No doubt we'd like to see a much more productive output from our offense, and I think we will this week against Kent State. That said, I recall in the preseason press conference, Gus Malzahn telling us that he was going to lean on his defense early, maybe 4-5 games while the offense matures. 

We have seen flashes of what the future could be, it's just going to take some time. A luxury, Auburn runs out of after this weekend. 

On a personal note: I had been blessed to take a dream vacation. Traveling around the western United States this summer, I was able to visit many of our National Parks, and some other very beautiful places. 

From extreme SE Alabama to Glacier National Park, and over to Coos Bay, OR.

We met tons of nice people. Went to some great small town restaurants. Enjoyed some really nice weather, and made it home safely. 

I don't regret that I made the decision to not post about Auburn while I was gone. Although, I am happy to be back, and look forward to the rest of the season with you.

War Eagle!

1 comment:

War Eagle AC-47 said...

Glad to have you back. I was starting to think this site had gone idle. Then I was afraid maybe you or a family member was laid up.