Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Auburn Women's Basketball Thank You

Fearless and True




I have gotten a little behind on the thank you blogs lately. 

The Auburn Women's Basketball brought a new level of fun this past season.  Most Sunday afternoons, I watched WBB and when Auburn was playing, it was definitely a bonus. The group of seniors were really special to the program. Coach Flo and these seniors have brought a shift in the Auburn WBB program. These seniors have been amazing! It was so much fun to watch this team dance and win all along the way. This team was really special and I know these girls have blazed a path for others to follow.  These seniors deserve a special thank you. Even though they did not go as far as they wanted to in the tournament, it was a joy to see them get in and a joy to see them play. I cannot wait to see what they can do next year.

Photo courtesy of @AURobUSA



A very special Senior Thank  You!

Erica Sanders: I know things were not always easy for you, but you never took the easy path. You kept working. You kept your head up. I know that you are going to be successful whatever you do. Take these things that you have learned and done at Auburn and carry them with you wherever you go. Thank you so much for everything you did for Auburn. Women's sports do not always get a lot of attention. I appreciate your blood, sweat and tears that you left on the court. Things are definitely changing in Auburn Women's Basketball, and one day I believe they will go all the way. When they do, we can look back to what this group of seniors did. Thank you so much. It was a ton of fun to watch. I know you are going to do great things. Be sure to come visit us soon. You will always have a home at Auburn! War Eagle!


Emari Jones: My nieces play softball. They have never played basketball, but they really enjoyed watching you. They were pretty devastated when you got injured. I know things did not work out the way you wanted, but there are two things I know. You changed things at Auburn, and you are going to be fine. You have already proven that you can change things. Keep your head up and keep going. You did great things at Auburn. We appreciate all you did and are so glad you came to Auburn. Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. It was been a better place because of you.  I know one day Auburn is going to get there and it will be because of the groundwork you laid with your teammates. Thank you. Please keep in touch and come and visit often. You will always have a home in Auburn, and you will always have fans in my nieces and me.  War Eagle!


Janiah McKay: You have been my favorite player the last couple of years. I cannot give you any reason, really. It was so much fun to watch you all dance and play this season. You made it really fun to watch. You really put it all on the floor when you play and it was A TON of fun to watch. My nieces play softball and I love to show them the college athletes that are great students as well as athletes. Thanks for being such a great role model! Thank you also for everything you did for Auburn. I know that one day, Auburn is going to make it all the way and this group of seniors will be responsible for paving the path. Whatever success comes to Auburn in the future will be because of what you all did this year. Thank you for everything you did for Auburn! Stay in touch! You will always have a home at Auburn! Seriously, thank you for everything you did for Auburn! War Eagle!

No comments: