Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

2018 Auburn Football Senior Thanks


Thank You, Seniors!





The 2018 Seniors have been a truly amazing group. We have seen some spectacular things from you all.
I know there are a ton of things that take your time that no one will ever know about or seen.
I know there were peaks and valleys. I know there were days that it was really hard to keep going.
You may not think that people notice, but people do.

A few years ago, I decided to write a thank you note to each seniors individually, and it has turned
into an annual event that I look forward to writing. I also have included the players that are leaving
early for the draft.  

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything that you have done.
I present to you the 2018 Senior Thanks. To the seniors- I know you will do great things!


Photo property of @tatershell


Used with permission from @elishalehman


Deshaun Davis-
Deshaun, thank you so much for all you have done from Auburn both on and off the football field.  
Your love for Auburn has been evident from Day 1. You were a consistent leader for your team
and a great representative for Auburn.
I know there were rough days for you. You never let that stop your effort, your attitude or your
leadership. Auburn is going to miss you so much. Thank you for making the last few years so
much fun. I will never forget seeing you being “taunted” by a member of another team
while you grinned and skipped backwards. Being from Mobile, I was a fan of yours from the beginning.

I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. Whatever it is, you are going to be great.
Please keep in touch with your Auburn family. We will be rooting for you 100%.
I am looking forward to seeing you at the Senior Bowl! War Eagle forever!!

Devin Adams-
Thank you so much for your time and dedication. I appreciate everything you did for Auburn.  
As a fellow Mobilian, I have kept up with you for a while. I know we only got to see you play
a little but it was still great to watch you! I hope you are able to look back on your time at Auburn
and remember things with joy.  
I know you are going to do great things in the future. Please keep in touch with your Auburn family.
Know you have a home with us forever. Thank you so much. War Eagle!

Used with permission from @aurobUSA

Photo used with permission from @kimt205

Chandler Cox-
Boy, are we going to miss you. Your position is kind of an unsung hero type of role yet you made
everyone notice you anyway. Let me say something that I noticed. If you were on the field,
and a player was injured, regardless of which team he was on, you went over to that player
and checked on him. You checked on the players or stayed with them until their medical staff
could get on the field. You also gave others, including fans your full attention and made them
feel important. You made such a huge difference and it is going to be difficult to fill your spot!  
Thank you so much for your effort and leadership. We are going to miss you so much!
I know you are going to do great things. Please keep in touch with your Auburn family.
Visit when you can! War Eagle!

Used with permission from @kimt205

Tucker Brown-
You are everything that is good about college sports. Each time I saw Tiger Walk, you were so easy
to pick out because of the JOY that radiated from you! I loved seeing the big smile on your face!
When you spoke to the media, it was so incredible. I really enjoyed watching that video.
I know you are going to do great things.  Your energy and joy are contagious and positive.
Please keep in touch with your Auburn family.
Thank you so much for your time and dedication to Auburn. You are a wonderful example to
younger ones who have a dream to do something great. War Eagle always!

photo credit @ianshannon38


Ian Shannon-
Thank you for always representing Philip with #43 with class. That’s a big number to wear but you
did it well. That was a serious responsibility. Additionally, you always carried yourself as an
Auburn man AND player. Thanks for all your time and dedication. Punters and kickers are not
really appreciated until they make a mistake. I know you are going to do great things in the future.
Maybe I will fly on a plane when you are the pilot one day! Please stay in touch with your Auburn
family.

Montavious Atkinson-  
We are really going to miss you! All of your efforts and hard work were noticed and appreciated.
All the early workouts, the late meetings, early classes because you had practice in the afternoon.
It is noticed, even when you think it is not.  We thank you so much for everything you did for Auburn.
I know we are going to hear great things from you. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you.
War Eagle!

Used with permission from @aurobUSA

Ryan Davis-
I have personally enjoyed watching you play. I have enjoyed the videos this week of you at the
East-West Shrine Game. You were always such a great leader, team player and player.
We were all rooting for you so much to break the records this year.  I know you are going to do great
things. You have been one of my favorite players the last few years, so I really look forward to
following your career! Thank you for everything you did for Auburn.
We are really going to miss you. Please be sure to keep in touch with your Auburn family!
Come and visit when you can. War Eagle!

Used with permission from @kimt205


Used with permission from @aurobUSA


Jarrett Stidham-
Thank you so much for coming to Auburn. You will always have a home at with us.
Thank you for everything you did for Auburn. We really appreciate it. Your time and dedication was
truly noticed and we appreciate it.  I am so glad that you became an Auburn man. There were some
really fun games and fun times while you were here and we appreciate everything!
I know we are going to hear great things from you in the future. Please keep in touch with your Auburn
family. I am looking forward to seeing you at the Senior Bowl!  War Eagle, always and forever.

Photo credit @_cover22


Darius Slayton-
You made some pretty spectacular catches and made some pretty spectacular runs while here at
Auburn, but what we love more than anything is the person you are. Thank you so much for all of your
hard work and dedication. Your time and effort were noticed. You will always have a place to come
back to whenever you want to or need to. We look forward to all of the success we are going to
hear about in the future. Keep in touch with your Auburn family!  War Eagle!

Griffin King-
Thank you for your time and dedication and Auburn. I know there were long hours of practice,
workouts, meetings and classes. There are so many things that the fans or others do not consider.
Please know that we appreciate and love your dedication to Auburn. I know that we are going to hear
great things from you. Please keep in touch with your Auburn family! War Eagle!

Jamel Dean-
You are surely a fun player to watch. It was fun watching you because we knew at any time that  you
might catch an interception with your little mitt soft cast on your hand. I know you are going to do well.
I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. I think you are going to do great in the NFL!  
I know we are going to hear and see great things from you! Thank you for all of your time
and dedication to Auburn. You will always have a home at Auburn.
Please visit when you can! War Eagle!

CJ Tolbert-
Thanks for your time and dedication to Auburn. I know there were days that were so busy you did
not know if you could keep going. Class, meetings, workouts, practice, games- it can wear on you.
We appreciate everything that you did. I hope you enjoyed your time at Auburn.
I know we are going to hear great things from you. Please keep in touch with your Auburn family
and visit when you can. War Eagle!

Dontavious Russell-
I am looking forward to seeing you at the Senior Bowl!  It has been great rooting for you the last few
years. I was at the 2017 game vs UGA and it is something that I will not forget. Thank you for
all of your time and dedication to Auburn. I know all of the hard work will pay off for you.
Thank you for your leadership on the team.
You paved the way for the players who will come after you.  We are going to hear great things from
you. Keep up all of your hard work. I know it is going to be great.
Thank you so much for everything! Please keep in touch with your Auburn family and visit when you
can! War Eagle!

Robert Muschamp-
Seeing the video of you finding out you were going to be on scholarship was really a bright spot
for me this year. Those videos are some of my favorite things. Your hard work has been noticed
and appreciated by your teammates, coaches and the fans as well. Thank you so much for all of
your time and dedication to Auburn. You will always have a home with us.
I know we are going to hear great things from you. Please stay in touch! War Eagle!

Chase Cramer- Thank you so much for coming to Auburn. I hope you were able to enjoy everything. Thank you
for your time and dedication to Auburn. I know there were long days and long nights in order to be
a part of the team and do your school work. I know we will see great things from you in the future.
Good luck with everything. Keep in touch with your Auburn family and  visit when you can!
War Eagle!


Used with permission from @kimt205

Darrell Williams-
You are one of those players that seem quieter than others to fans, but you demonstrate some
outstanding leadership skills. Thank you for your time and dedication to Auburn and to the team.
I definitely think there will be great things in the future.
They do not award the “Hard Fighting Soldier Award” to just anyone.
Please let us know what you are up to in the future. Thanks for everything that you did for Auburn.
Come visit when you can! War Eagle!

Ryan Meneely-
Thank you for your time and dedication and Auburn. I know there were long hours of practice,
workouts, meetings and classes, studying and probably a million other things.  
Please know that we appreciate and love your dedication to Auburn. I know that we are going to
hear great things from you. Please keep in touch with your Auburn family! War Eagle!

Jaunta’vius Johnson-
First, congratulations on your graduation in December. I know we are going to hear great things
from you in the future. Thank you for your time, dedication and effort at Auburn.
We appreciate all of you guys more than you will ever really know. Please keep in touch with your
Auburn family. Come back and see us when you can. War Eagle always!

Andrew Williams-
You have been a pretty dynamic player!  Thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication.
It has been noticed and appreciated. I know we are going to hear great things from you in the future.
We watched you grow and mature into an Auburn man. Your leadership on the team has made a
difference and it will be carried on by the players you mentored.
Thank you! Keep in touch with your Auburn family! War Eagle!

Dalton Brown-
We are so glad that you decided to come to Auburn! Thank you for your time and dedication.
You will always have a home with us at Auburn. I know you are going to do great things in the future.
Keep in touch with your Auburn family and visit when you can! War Eagle always!

No comments: