Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



 I am already looking forward to the next football season. The final game against Memphis gave me hope that Auburn will be better football team next season. Of course, I was disappointed that Auburn was playing in the Birmingham Bowl; however, I did want Auburn to beat Memphis since I did attend the two prior games that Auburn did lose to Memphis in 1975 and 1976.  I was expecting the Auburn Football team to be flat on Wednesday morning, but they proved me wrong in the second half. TheAuburn defense held the potent Memphis offense to 206 yards and Paxton Lynch, the heralded QB for Memphis was only able to throw for 104 yards.

Sean White did struggle most of the game, but Jeremy Johnson came off of the bench in the second half to direct Auburn to two touchdowns. The Memphis defense seemed to be baffled when Jeremy Johnson entered the game because he did present a run threat. I was happy for Jeremy and he played one of his best games at Auburn. Jovon Robinson had 27 carries for 126 yards and did receive the MVP award. Also, Peyton Barber added 40 yards and entered the 1,000 yard club for the season.

Signing day is approaching and I expect Auburn to have a top 10 class. I expect Auburn to recruit some good 
receivers and two new quarterbacks will be on campus next season. The battle for the quarterback position will be interesting since Jeremy Johnson has stated that he does expect to return. I still remember Jason Campbell who led the Auburn Tigers to an undefeated season in 2004 and an SEC Championship as a senior after struggling in prior years. 

As Gus Malzahn said yesterday: "We've got a lot of momentum heading into next year."

Happy New Year!




No comments: