Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Auburn Hangs Tough in Loss to Vols


 I'm sitting here at my desk tonight, watching women's basketball, excuse me, Auburn women's basketball, and I find myself comparing the play of these wonderful ladies to what I expect our offense under Gus Malzahn will look like. 

 I see a style of play that is fast paced, but not too fast. A controlled explosion if you will. Take the last play that ended in an Auburn bucket. Auburn got the defensive rebound, then passed the ball out to Ouardad who took the ball down the court, and found a wide open Tyrese Tanner for an easy layup.


 Tennessee then takes the ball back down the court, and makes a basket. Before the UT defenders get all the way back, Auburn has the ball in bounds, and down at the UT side of the court for another easy basket. That makes the score 43-33 in Auburn's favor. 

 Basketball can be a game of momentum, and it swings many times in each game. I'll be the first to admit my limited knowledge of the game, although it looks to me that this hurry up style of play increases the chances of the momentum staying with you. 

 Of course by the time I type his out, and start getting it ready to post, Tennessee has taken the momentum and a six point lead at 65- 59 with 3:47 to go in the game. UT goes on to win the game 75-66. 

 Auburn is now 13-5 2-3 in SEC play with Kentucky and then Alabama due up next.

 Still, I see this Auburn team improving, and making some noise down the stretch in conference play.


No comments: